Tuesday, October 2, 2012

WILDWOOD CHRONICLES

Took a trip down to Powells on Burnside and picked myself up a new book, book one of the Wildwood Chronicles. Its a kid friendly illustrated novel filled with fantasy and adventure. The book was written by two Portland locals and takes place in familiar landmarks around Portland. It's full of cute illustrations done by Carson Ellis and written by lead singer of the Decemberists, Colin Meloy. I am excited to get started on this. Maybe someday in the future I can read this book to Ellis! For now, I am going to bundle up in my granny sweater and sit on the dock to read. There is nothing like living on a peaceful river and being able to go outside on a day like this to read a good book. Put a pumpkin spice latte in my hand and HELLO FALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment